Laughter is healing. It’s an amazing source of both physical and emotional healing. Physically, laughter improves blood flow, deep breathing and boosts your immunity (not to mention, it strengthens those abs). Emotionally, finding the humor in even the most difficult things we face can be a powerful step to bringing some light into dark times.
Laughter is medicinal for many reasons and is linked directly to stress, anxiety and pain reduction. Picture a moment that you were so overwhelmed with life that you just felt like crying. Then recall how it felt when someone cheered you up, the storm wasn’t over, but the laughter was a much-needed commercial break. Here are 12 reasons why you need to take laughter seriously and burst into laughter as often as you can.
- Relaxes the Whole Body: A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed. This good feeling can last up to 45 minutes.
- Immune System Booster: Laughter reduces the stress hormones as it increases the immune cells and antibodies that fight infections. If someone has a problem with your laugh, calmly tell them that you are just building your body’s resistance to diseases in style.
- Protection for your Heart: The small action of smiling and laughing improves the blood flow in the vessels and boosts the functioning of the blood vessels hence reducing the chances of getting a heart attack or any cardiovascular disease.
- Burns Calories: Laughing for 10-15 minutes in one day can burn 40 calories.
- Mental Health: It regulates emotions. It makes you pick an optimistic view towards life and tempers any pessimistic emotions.
- Changes the Perspective: Most people use jokes to avoid feeling overwhelmed by certain aspects, taking something on a lighter note avoids you feeling threatened.
- Laughter Promotes Creativity: It stimulates both sides of the brain to enhance learning.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: A smile for your heart health.
- Ab workout: When you laugh, your abs muscles expand and contract similarly to when you exercise.
- Triggers the Endorphins: Laughing causes a lot of endorphins to be released reducing the pain and making you feel amazing.
- A Sense of Well-being: Being optimistic and jovial about life tends to motivate and inspire more smiles.
and # 12 laughter helps you sleep more peacefully by the production of the endorphins and the relaxed body state.
Try not to go a day without laughing. Practice each day and you’ll notice the change in your attitude and energy for the better.
and another cat video…laugh on!